What high-rise window cleaning systems exist
Table of Contents
- Types of systems for cleaning windows at height
- Pole Cleaning
- Window cleaning with lift
- Harness Window Cleaning
- Gondola window cleaning
- Risks of window cleaning systems at height
What high-rise window cleaning systems exist? We tell you about the different methods used for vertical cleaning work. Meet them!
Nowadays, there are more and more high-rise buildings with huge windows to
Decorate the cities and give them a good aesthetic and modernity. However, this type of building has a disadvantage, and that is that its great height and its aesthetic details make cleaning and maintenance of them a difficult job.
Cleaning windows at heights is a dangerous activity specialized cleaning companies made up of operators who are trained and who know the appropriate safety measures must carry that out.
SCS Group Integrated Services is a cleaning company in Brisbane and a cleaning company in Sydney that is an expert in high-rise glass and has a team of professionals trained to clean all kinds of buildings at the high-rise.
In today’s post we tell you what window cleaning systems exist at height and how to prevent possible risks. Keep reading!
Types of systems for cleaning windows at height
The facade of a building represents its face and essence of it, so ensuring its proper maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness becomes essential in order for it to appear dirty and neglected.
There are different high-rise glass cleaning systems depending on the type of building, its morphology and its height, which are:
This cleaning mode is the safest and most economical of all. The operator holds an extendable handle from the ground that allows him to reach great heights of up to 24 meters with no scaffolding or platforms. This method uses osmosis water, chemically pure water free of minerals such as chlorine, fluorine or magnesium that protects the environment and does not leave any type of residue or mark, which allows great results to be achieved.
Window cleaning with lift
When there are great heights in buildings, cleaning with a pole becomes insufficient and other we must use methods for cleaning vertical windows. We carried this type of cleaning out in three types of cranes:
- Self-propelled. This lift allows the technician to have more space to move horizontally with ease and clean more comfortably and easily.
- Caterpillar. They allow mobility in places that are difficult to access or uneven, such as gardens.
- Elevators. They are used when the height is considerable.
Harness Window Cleaning
Of the different window cleaning systems at height, this activity is we use the riskiest and most dangerous and only when access to cleaning is more difficult. It comprises lowering the technician from the building with an approved harness to remain suspended in the air. The operator must have the means and special training in occupational risk prevention.
Gondola window cleaning
We normally installed them on top of buildings using a monorail system or a mobile structure on rails. These platforms include a crane system with a type of “basket” in which the operator enters to have mobility from top to bottom and to the sides, facilitating his work to clean the building. It is a safe system since different safety systems that the gondola incorporates, held the operator such as harnesses that must be fastened at all times to prevent falls.
Risks of window cleaning systems at height
To ensure the safety of workers, there are different aspects that must be taken into account:
- We must previously check the devices and equipment that are going to be used before starting their used to guarantee a safe cleaning.
- The workers of the different high-rise glass cleaning systems must have the elements to guarantee their safety, such as a helmet, goggles, non-slip footwear, gloves, and suitable work clothes.
- The risk can be increased if they expose workers to high temperatures and drafts that cause the platforms to move. For this reason, if weather impedes the work of the operator, we should suspend it in order to guarantee his safety.
- We must meet the measures in terms of the maximum weight that the platforms or gondolas can support, the height, and the number of occupants. In addition, they must comply with a safe closing system, an anti-tip system, and an emergency stop or descent.
- The operators must be well secured to the platforms to avoid falls from a height.
- For this reason, we must properly secure cleaning tools to prevent falling objects that could injure passers-by.
- If the operator detects any anomaly in the operation of the platforms or in the harness. He must not continue with his work until we solved the problem. You must communicate and check that everything is in perfect condition in order to continue.
We hope that we have resolved your doubts about what cleaning systems exist at height. As we have seen, it is an extremely difficult job that requires highly trained cleaning personnel. Ask for your personalized budget in SCS Group Integrated Services without obligation. We will be happy to help you!