As a general matter of fact, windshields are designed to withstand different kinds of weather conditions like rain, snow, high heat, high winds, sleet, etc. There can be other external conditions also like cracks, scratches, holes, and chips that can negatively affect the windshield. A windshield is most likely to get damaged because of harsh or irregular weather conditions. Sometimes bad heat can have a negative impact on the glass and the quality can be ruined. In Tulsa windshields related matters are very common. So you will find a lot of good garages here that can fix your windshield in no time.
Below are some of the ways in which temperature can affect your windshield-
Most people think that the windshield can only be affected when the vehicle is hit by an object or another vehicle on the road. But you will be surprised to know that even temperature has a huge role in deciding the condition of your windshield. It is seen that the quality of auto glass depreciates with time and the owner should take care of it by following certain precautions. Here is how can the hot temperature affect the condition of the windshield.
- Hot temperature expands the windshield- When your car is exposed to high heat, the glass expands. When the hot air gets trapped inside the vehicle, the glass starts to lose its grip and becomes weaker. When you turn on the air conditioner, there is again an instant change in the temperature which again affects the glass. Hence, due to frequent temperature changes, the glass suffers.
- The risk of cracks and chips- When your car is exposed to too much sunlight, the windshield becomes weaker and prone to chips and cracks. The extreme heat makes the crack wider and deeper. When this happens, there are more chances that you will have to get the windshield replaced. So, you should try to park your car in shade or keep it covered. Also, you should keep a standard check on your vehicle’s auto glass condition.
- Heat causes stress- because of sudden fluctuations in the outside temperature or due to high temperatures, the car’s windshield is exposed to a lot of stress. The glass is put under stress; it stops supporting its repulsive nature. The cracks then become wide and sharp. This is a small crack that becomes big.
There are many negative effects of high temperatures on Tulsa windshields which is why you need to get in touch with the best service provider. Since the heat in Tulsa can be bad, you should act smart and follow ways to keep your car away from the sun whenever possible.
Given below are ways that can help you protect your windshield-
- The car should be parked in the shade- One of the easiest and first precautions that you can take is to park your car in the shade. You shouldn’t park your car directly under the sun. Try to look for covered parking. In case you cannot find covered parking in your area, park your car under the shade of a tree so that it doesn’t catch the direct rays of the sun. This will help your car from heating up and contracting. It also reduces the chances of a chip growing further.
- Keep the car heater away from the car glass- You should never blow the heater of the car directly on the windshield. Try to keep the blower downwards towards your feet. Since warm air can cause cracks on the glass, the cracks can become wider with more heat being exposed.
- Don’t spray hot water- Just like hot air, hot water can also have a negative effect on the car’s glass. Don’t pour hot water on your windshield. You should always use normal water when you wish to wash your car. In case you wish to remove that sticky patch, use normal water. In extreme cases, you can use warm water but don’t go for extreme hot water. It can cause the glass to shatter completely.
To Sum It Up
Everybody enjoys summers but summers also mean scorching heat. So, just when you are having fun, be mindful of your car and take necessary precautions in advance. You might not be able to control if air pressure, collision, or any external object damages the windshield, but you can control temperature-related damage to your auto glass. In case the windshield of your car gets damaged, immediately look for the best Tulsa windshields service providers and get the problem fixed. Any delay can worsen the condition of the glass and you might end up paying a lot more than before.