Tips for Cleaning Marble
Table of Contents
- Marble cleaning
- How to clean white marble
- How to clean black marble
- How to clean travertine marble
- Tips to maintain marble
Marble cleaning. Does the marble in your home have stains you don’t know how to remove? We discover all the tricks to clean it.
Marble is a material that, thanks to its beauty, can completely change the interior of any room. It provides an elegance that is attractive and combines with all environments. In addition, its use is not only limited to floors, it has a wide variety of applications in the home, such as wall cladding, tables or countertops, and so forth.
To keep the marble in good condition, it is enough to know how to clean it and keep its shine, in this article we will tell you how.
And if you need more help cleaning your marble floor or any other type of surface, we offer you our floor treatment service, contact us.
How to clean white marble
Cleaning white marble is one of the most delicate, and not precisely because of its color, but because special attention must be paid to the time, we apply the products to it.
- Wipe with a damp cloth with warm water to remove dust.
- Apply soap with neutral pH and with a damp cloth rub to clean. Then dry it well.
- If you want to disinfect, mix water with a little white vinegar. When you apply it, let it act for just two minutes and remove it completely and make sure it is dry. Since if the vinegar is in contact for longer, it could stain the marble.
- For the most difficult stains to remove, mix water with bleach and apply it for a few minutes.
In the market, you can also find specific products for white marble, but make sure you follow the instructions in the letter.
How to clean black marble
Although there are several types of black marble, the same cleaning steps as for white marble can be applied, but Important! Do not use vinegar or lemon in regular cleaning, as these products can influence the tone.
Sometimes a little wax is applied to marble surfaces since they have a porous surface, and this can sometimes make the tone turn yellowish, For this, you can rub with a brush with water and a little vinegar, but remember that you must dry it well.
How to clean travertine marble
Travertine marble is the one with a characteristic cream color and to clean it, simply follow these simple steps:
- Pass the broom to clean the dust.
- Use neutral pH soap to clean, without mixing it with water or any other product.
- Give it a brush and once you’re done, dry it with a microfiber cloth.
For more resistant stains, we recommend it to use household hydrogen peroxide and a couple or three drops of ammonia. Apply this mixture with a cloth moistened with warm water for a few minutes and dry the area properly. If it is an oily or greasy stain, use acetone or detergent and do the same procedure.
Tips to maintain marble
Besides cleaning marble correctly, it is necessary to have good maintenance so that the marble surface remains in good condition for longer, to do this, follow these simple tips:
- Always use protection to avoid more serious stains, for example: if your table is made of marble, always use coasters, with countertops, always cut on top of a board, and you can cover some high-traffic surfaces with a rug.
- From time to time use a sealer to protect the floor from stains.
- Pay close attention to heat, do not leave hot pots or containers, hair irons, or curling irons turned on a marble countertop.
- Avoid damp stains, always put plates under your pots.
- Do not leave the stains for later, clean it as soon as possible, even if they are from water since even limescale can leave a stain and will gradually destroy the shine.