End of Construction Cleaning Darwin | How properly done?
How to carry out end-of-site cleaning in Darwin?
End-of-construction cleaning is a meticulous job that requires rigor because the building must be clean and clear of all debris at the time of delivery. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to call on an industrial cleaning professional. Let’s see how the restoration is going at the end of the construction site in Darwin.
Who has the obligation to clean up at the end of the construction site?
The construction company that carries out the work in a building or in an individual is obliged to deliver the site clean and ready for use. Depending on the difficulty of cleaning, it can take care of it or entrust this part to a qualified service provider. Indeed, the cleaning professional has the necessary equipment and the skills required to take care of the cleaning after construction.
What areas I should clean after work?
The complete cleaning after a construction site will depend on the areas of intervention, they differ according to the nature of the work. It may be:
- Temporary site installations: algécos, prefabricated, bungalows;
- commercial premises, offices, homes: houses, apartments, and so forth ;
- garages, car parks, basements;
- outside the construction site: sidewalk, driveway, passage.
What are the stages of industrial post-construction cleaning?
We should preferably carry restoration out when the work is completed. Here are the 7 essential steps for effective site cleaning :
Step 1: Secure the site and personnel
Before starting the big cleaning after construction, it is essential to secure the site by providing protective equipment to personnel. Safety is at the center of our mission at SCS Group Integrated Services. We operate on all public or private sites, including four deep cleaners.
We always equip our expert cleaning employees in Darwin with:
– suitable protection with Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE ) under collective measures to prevent occupational risks: gloves, helmets, glasses, safety shoes, masks, and so forth
– professional equipment: ladder or stepladder adaptable to the height of the surface to be cleaned.
Step 2: Get rid of debris, rubbish, and all bulky items
Before you clean, tackle the rough cleaning which comprises:
- remove remaining adhesives around windows, baseboards, and door frames;
- collect waste related to construction or renovation: rubble, broken glass, paco, tiles, cardboard, wood, and so forth ;
- transport them to the recycling center and dispose of them respecting the sorting.
Step 3: Air and dust all surfaces
Everyone knows how much dust the construction generates. It is, therefore, necessary to start by ventilating the place of the construction site to remove the smells of paint and other products necessary for the work.
Then, all surfaces should be vacuumed with a vacuum cleaner preferably. This dusting is necessary before starting to deep clean. Once the dust has been vacuumed, clean the furniture, cupboards, doors, windows, radiators, and any stairs with a damp cloth.
Step 4: Remove construction dirt
This step is crucial because if we do not do quickly it, construction dirt can stick to the surfaces and be more difficult to remove later. It is therefore advisable to scrape off the splashes of paint or glue with a solvent, preferably natural and non-polluting.
Step 5: Wash walls and floors
Similarly, the walls, baseboards, doors, shutters, and floors should be washed in order to rid them of all dust and construction products. Depending on the type of soil, it will be necessary to proceed in a different way:
- For cleaning the tiling: use specific cleaning products after construction. To remove traces of laitance, mop the floors or rub with a scratching sponge.
- For cleaning the parquet: dust the wood by vacuuming or using a special parquet broom. Then, dilute some black soap in water and mop the floor to make the surface clean.
Step 6: Disinfect the toilets and the bathroom
We preferably cleaned the shower cabin with a special glass squeegee which can also be used for bay windows, tiles, and all the windows of the house or building. It is also important to clean and disinfect sanitary facilities with antibacterial products so as to make these personal spaces clean and ready for use.
Step 7: Wash the windows and wash the joinery
To effectively wash the windows, there are 3 methods used by professionals:
- French cleaning: pass the squeegee from top to bottom, then from left to right on the previously wet glass.
- American cleaning: clean from left to right and come back to the left in an S shape, always from top to bottom.
- Scandinavian cleaning: wash with a damp sponge only from top to bottom.
Don’t forget to dry with a dry cloth, whichever method you choose, to avoid leaving marks.
To wash joinery, a simple wash with water to which you add a mild detergent (pH between 5 and 8) is sufficient. Use an absorbent cloth to dry the area after rinsing it with clean water. For old joinery that requires more maintenance, cleaning and polishing products are available.
Why entrust the cleaning to an industrial cleaning company?
Companies specializing in end-of-site cleaning carry out clean work with suitable products and work in such a way as to secure the site.
By entrusting this often difficult task to an industrial cleaning company in Darwin, you will get:
- Considerable time savings;
- The guarantee of a good brand image for your customers;
- Professional quality with qualified personnel;
- Effective cleaning products;
- Made-to-measure related to the specificity of the site;
- Extensive disinfection;
- Complying with environmental protection and safety rules;
- Vehicles available for the removal of waste in particular;
- Responsiveness and strict compliance with site delivery deadlines.